According to the guidelines given by UGC, our college established Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) on 5th July 2016. IQAC committee has been formed and approved by the governing body to take care of Quality assurance strategies and processes. Various policies related to quality education and infrastructural development are created and executed through IQAC. Our IQAC is a full functioning body.
SSR college is committed to continually improve the infrastructure, enhance the faculty competencies and empower the students to self-learning. The IQAC enables the college to focus on this mission. Parameters related to the enhancing of the quality of the institution like workshops, conferences, FDP’s, paper publications, innovations in teaching and more are considered after the approval of IQAC Committee.
In pursuance Action Plan for performance evaluation, assessment and quality up-gradation of college, the meetings of IQAC has been conducted periodically and minutes of meetings are well maintained.
Since quality strengthening is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the college system and work towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime function of the IQAC is to develop a system for continous , consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of the college.
ROLE OF IQAC
IQAC plays a crucial role in connecting and coordinating the various bodies in the college especially in the matters related to the teaching- learning process in the college. It functions as an umbrella organ engaging and interacting with all the other systems in materializing its goals and objectives.
The college policies with regard to quality assurance are as follows.
- Cultivate and enhance the quality of teaching, learning, evaluation and infrastructure
- Initiate, plan and supervise various activities that are necessary to increase the quality of the education imparted in the college
- Transferring of quality education to the masses from the society catering to their diverse needs and fostering global competence among them
- ICT enabled teaching and learning process
- Promotes research activity
- Faculty empowerment through workshops/seminars/conferences
- Quality feedback system
- Performance appraisal system
Contribution of IQAC in quality assurance processes
- IQAC has suggested conducting seminars/workshops/conferences.
- In current year, Feedback forms for evaluation of teachers by students are developed.
- Department wise examination results are analyzed and reports are communicated to the principal.
- Encouragement is given to faculty staff to adopt innovative teaching learning methods
- Motivation is given to faculty to conduct tours, excursions, field visits, surveys.
Thus, over the years the IQAC has evolved into an all-encompassing coordinating cell which ensures quality in all its endeavors.
OBJECTIVES OF IQAC
IQAC will facilitate / contribute
- To promote the quality enhancement and integration among the various activities of the college and to establish many good practices.
- To act as a change agent in the college.
- To heightened level of clarity and focus in college functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture.
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the college.
- To provide a sound basis for decision making to improve college functioning
FUNCTIONS OF THE IQAC
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution of SSR College, Silvassa.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the College for quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices
- Development of Quality Culture in the College.
- Ensure enhancement and integration among the various activities of the College and institutionalize good practices
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of a SSR College.
- Organization of inter and intra college workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication
- Documentation of the various programmes / activities at SSR College leading to quality improvement.
- Collection and analysis of feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on college processes.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve college functioning
IQAC evolves mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
- The credibility of evaluation procedures
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and service.