According to the guidelines given by UGC, our college established Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) on 5th July 2016. IQAC committee has been formed and approved by the governing body to take care of Quality assurance strategies and processes. Various policies related to quality education and infrastructural development are created and executed through IQAC. Our IQAC is a full functioning body.
SSR college is committed to continually improve the infrastructure, enhance the faculty competencies and empower the students to self-learning. The IQAC enables the college to focus on this mission. Parameters related to the enhancing of the quality of the institution like workshops, conferences, FDP’s, paper publications, innovations in teaching and more are considered after the approval of IQAC Committee.
In pursuance Action Plan for performance evaluation, assessment and quality up-gradation of college, the meetings of IQAC has been conducted periodically and minutes of meetings are well maintained.
Since quality strengthening is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the college system and work towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime function of the IQAC is to develop a system for continuous , consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of the college.
ROLE OF IQAC
IQAC plays a crucial role in connecting and coordinating the various bodies in the college especially in the matters related to the teaching- learning process in the college. It functions as an umbrella organ engaging and interacting with all the other systems in materializing its goals and objectives.
The college policies with regard to quality assurance are as follows.
- Cultivate and enhance the quality of teaching, learning, evaluation and infrastructure
- Initiate, plan and supervise various activities that are necessary to increase the quality of the education imparted in the college
- Transferring of quality education to the masses from the society catering to their diverse needs and fostering global competence among them
- ICT enabled teaching and learning process
- Promotes research activity
- Faculty empowerment through workshops/seminars/conferences
- Quality feedback system
- Performance appraisal system
OBJECTIVES OF IQAC
IQAC will facilitate / contribute
- To promote the quality enhancement and integration among the various activities of the college and to establish many good practices.
- To act as a change agent in the college.
- To heightened level of clarity and focus in college functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture.
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the college.
- To provide a sound basis for decision making to improve college functioning