Counselling is a process that aims to facilitate physical and mental well-being of the students. The Guidance and Counselling Cell of the College was started with an aim to providing guidance to the students by helping them build potential within themselves to combat the distress, remove barriers that hinder their growth and equip them with necessary knowledge, attitude and skills to become competent and socially responsible individuals. The Cell provides individual as well as group Counselling to students as and when needed. Besides, various competitions and programs are organized by the cell to create awareness amongst the students and enhance their physical and mental well-being.
The aim of the Counselling Cell is to promote positive behavioural changes by helping them improve their capability and cope effectively with the problems they confront.
- To help the students in solving their personal, educational, social as well as psychological problems.
- To create awareness about issues and problems related to mental health of students.
- To help resolve emotional and behavioral issues of the student impacting the normal functioning of an individual
- Help them cope with challenging circumstances.
- Identifying underlying reasons for behavioral, academic and emotional problems.
- To help them develop better interpersonal relations with the people around.
- Conducting Counseling sessions, Guest Lectures and Seminars for their better mental and physical health.