- Courses Offered
- Seminar / Workshop / Webinar
- Events / Activities
- Photo Gallery
Physics is the natural science that studies matter, its motion and behavior through space and time, and the related entities of energy and force. Physics is one of the most fundamental scientific disciplines, and its main goal is to understand how universe behaves.
The department of physics was established in the year 2006, the main aim of the department is to promote physics in the area where education itself was scarce
The department caters to the needs of science and technology programs. It imparts knowledge in applied physics, energy physics, basics of electronics circuits & devices, materials science, and its applications.
- The department provides a very conducive atmosphere for students for research projects
- A large number of students not only graduated but moved to different renowned institutes / Universities to pursue their Post Graduation and are now successfully placed in various Educational institutes in and around Silvassa
- Our student Abhishek Rajput is pursuing Ph.D in CSIR-CSMCR Bhavnagar
- Our student Rahul Shashtri pursued P.G from IIT Ahmedabad
- Ms. Purnima Sharma presented paper entitled “a systematic study of the resonating lengths of a number of aluminium wires of different standard wired gauges” at the national seminar on “recent trends in science and technology” held in December 23rd -24th 2016, obtained 2nd prize for best poster presentation.
- Ms. Sijina Nair was awarded 1st Prize for obtaining 1st rank in Science faculty in vision 2017
- Mr. Abhishek Jha was awarded 1st Prize for obtaining 1st rank in Science faculty in vision 2019
- Mr. Nikesh Jha obtained 2nd position in science faculty in the year 2019.
- Ms. Riyanka Patel secured 1st prize in power point presentation in science ensemble January 2109 on the topic “piezo electricity and it’s applications”.
- Ms Dixita Parmar secured 1st prize in the working model “scientific tuning of musical instruments” at Science Ensemble January 2012.
- Working model demonstration on “A Study on the working of light detector device” at Science Ensemble January 2013 by Ms. Bhakti Ghag.
Under graduate course
- Bachelor of science (B.Sc.)
- Extensive tutorials, Seminars, Assignments, & Power Point Presentations.
- Participation in NSS camp organized by SSR College of Arts Commerce and Science
- Students actively participate in inhouse repairing of laboratory apparatus
- Participation in Science Ensemble and other sports activities
Students research work :
- A study of transmission of sound waves through different materials
- A study of moisture content of raw food materials using solar dryer
- Probability studies using different theorems
- Intensity studies of different lasers using luxmeter
- The study of reverberation time of enclosed spaces
- Specific rotation studies of various concentration of camphor
- Calibration of Power Supply
- Specification rotation studies of different brands of rose water
- Regular participation in National, International Workshops, Seminars,Symposia. Actively involved in research.
- Preparation of e-content
- Preparation of e-study material available on google classroom
- Preparation of video lectures of practical sessions
Events / activities
- The Department is the only centre in Silvassa for National Graduate Physics Examination conducted by Indian Association of Physics Teachers.
- The department assists in the conduction of the national graduate physics examination organised by the Indian Association of Physics Teachers. This examination is non- remunerative and is conducted to promote and improve the level of understanding of physics amongst college students.
- Organized factory visit at Bluestar, Silvassa in 2010, 2011, 2013
- Study tour at Surat Science Center in 2010
- Study tour at Nehru Planetorium in 2012
- Study tour at Dharampur Science Center in January 2017
- Organized poster presentation competition in memory of late Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam in october 2018
- Organized seminar on “careers in physics” in 2019
- Organized e-quiz on Clean Energy and Climatic Change to inculcate awareness among students
Name: Mr. Vipul Chaudhary
area: Material Science
Qualification: M.Sc. Nanotechnology
Work experience: 4 years of experience as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Physics SSR College of Arts, Commerce and Science, Silvassa.
Awards: 2nd prize for poster presented at national seminar on “recent trends in science and technology”.
Full length paper in journal
Antibacterial characteristics of tio2 nano-objects and their interaction with biofilm. Materialstechnologyissn: 1066-7875 (print) 1753-5557(online),volume 32,2017 –issue 6, pages: 385-390
Guest Lecturer for Additional Pedagogy Course 205 Physics Education 2019-2020
Name: Ms. Dixxita Parmar
Area: Material Science
Qualification: M.Sc., B.Ed.
Work experience: 3 years of experience as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Physics SSR College of Arts, Commerce and Science, Silvassa.
Guest Lecturer for Additional Pedagogy Course 205 Physics Education 2018-2019